24.5.05

Who needs the Easter Bunny?


Jack's drawing
Originally uploaded by Greg Blosser.
In children's church Sunday night, Jack's class made family albums. They drew pictures of all their family members and things that happen at their house. Afterwords he was showing us his album. "This is mommy, and this is a picture of daddy, and this is me and Sam... And this page is Bob Dylan coming over to our house. Elvis was going to come too, but he couldn't because he was dead".

In the picture, the purple guy with crazy legs walking through the door is Bob Dylan. That's Jack opening the door for him. Most five year olds get excited to draw pictures of the Easter bunny coming to the house. Jack draws Bob Dylan.

I know I'm his dad and so I kinda have to like him, but if Jack weren't my kid, I'd still want to hang out with him. Coolest five year old ever.

No comments: