30.3.06

Is Charlie Peacock writing songs for Sheryl Crow & Sting?

Today I heard a song on the VH1 by Sheryl Crow and Sting called "always on your side" and though I've never heard the song before, Im telling you it HAD to be written by a guy named Charlie Peacock (real name Charlie Ashworth). Who can confirm this for me?

It's got his melodies and chord changes and even some pretty distinctively "Covenant Seminary/ Presbyterian" turns of phrases in the lyrics. I'm telling you Charlie either wrote it or whoever DID write it was listening to or hanging out with Charlie when they did write it!

I need confirmation. First to confirm wins... um... something cool. Maybe a statue of Charlie Peacock on a bear skin rug, fully clothed and eating cheetos or something.

FP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Sheryl was listening to Charlie when she was writing... because there seems to be agreement that it's Sheryl's song.

From A British Site

Always On Your Side on Wikipedia

Megan said...

Did you ever find out? Because I can ask him if you want (okay, so I can ask his wife, but close enough, right?)...