23.3.06

Free Live Show From Tim Easton!


Tim Easton
Originally uploaded by grb3000.
Follow the link to a free live show you can download from Tim Easton. Tim is in LA and hangs with the Lucinda Williams set in Nashville from time to time, as well as the M Ward faction.

But he is from Ohio and spends a portion of the year right here in little ol' Columbus and often drinks Coffee at the Cup O Joe in Clintonville which the Funky Presbyter has been known to frequent. Easton's new album is due to be released on May 16th of this year, which is another thing we've got in common. I was "released" on May 16th in 1974. Guess what I'm buying myself for my birthday this year?

If you've not heard Easton I highly recommend him. My friend Nand turned me on to him and one thing I've learned is if a guy named "Nand" tells you to listen to something, then do it especially if the guys named Nand also has a silent "L" in his last name. That is a sure fire sign of good musical taste. It's like genetic or something. He is heads and shoulders above all the other singer songwriter, alt country, pop, folk guys out there. (Tim, not Nand. I've never heard sopng written by Nand, so I can;t speak for his songwriting). I'd put Easton in the same camp as Ryan Adams' best work. At times even better. He's got what SImon Cowell would call the "it" factor. Yes, I've been watching American Idol. shut up.

No comments: