7.12.05

Locating old bandmates

Over the years I've played in bands with about ten different guys. Today I located one of the very first drummers I ever played with. The day he came over to my house to practice, he introduced himself with these words "I am the best drummer in Darke County". And you know something? He was. I am delighted to find that today he is a music director for an emerging congregation in Atlanta. We had a good conversatin about church music and the like.

When I think back over all the guys I've played in bands with, do you know that six or seven of us have been called into full time Christian ministry? Isn't that a crazy ratio? The lesson to be learned here is obvious. If you don't want to end up in full time Christian ministry, don't play in a band with the funky presbyterian.

No comments: