30.12.05

Devil in Blue Jeans


jeans
Originally uploaded by grb3000.
A man wears a pair of Cheap Monday jeans, seen at a shop in Stockholm Thursday Dec. 29 2005. Cheap Monday jeans are a hot commodity among young Swedes thanks to their trendy tight fit and low price, even if a few buyers are turned off by the logo: a skull 29 2005. Cheap Monday jeans are a hot commodity among young Swedes thanks to their trendy tight fit and low price, even if a few buyers are turned off by the logo: a skull with a cross turned upside down on its forehead. Logo designer Bjorn Atldax says he's not just trying for an antiestablishment vibe. 'It is an active statement against Christianity,' Atldax told The Associated Press. 'I'm not a Satanist myself, but I have a great dislike for organized religion.'

(AP photo/Pressens Bild/Jonas Ekstromer)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see the resulting outrage if someone attempted to make a pair of jeans that was "an active statement" against any non-Christian religion.

Scandalous!

Anonymous said...

What's bad is a pair of jeans with a Pro-Christian statement would feature a Jesus Fish on the back pocket, Thomas Kinkaid paintings on the front, Knee Pads for those Early Morning Prayer Warriors, and would play "I Can Only Imagine" everytime you button them.... of course they'd be sold under the name "Purpose Driven Denim".

Greg said...

Say... you know JDR, there's probably some money to be made in providing a product like that to the believing public. Maybe we should get right on that.

My friends Nicole, Molly, and DF could probably help out? Whaddaya say? We could ALL be rich! of course we'll have to get Thomas Kincaid to sign off on it first... maybe I should remove my critiques of his painting from this blog first...

Anonymous said...

You've got a deal!


I mean...



Let me pray about it....