11.10.05

you go girl.


Oprah
Originally uploaded by Greg Blosser.
I give Oprah flack whenever I can. It's really not Oprah- the person- I have a problem with. It's what she represents. It's all the cheap psycho-babble- believe in yourself- remember your spirit- just look inside- stuff she preaches each day and the way America undiscerningly laps up every empty self-help cliche she spews forth. She's preaching the only gospel she knows. Just so happens it's no gospel at all. Then there's Dr. Phil, Oprah's instead-man. Don't get me started. (However I will say he definiely knows how to rock the 'stache).

Yes. I give Oprah crap.

Therefor it is only fair that I also give Oprah props on her admirable and courageous behavior as well. Most recently she has announced that she intends to fight for the improvement of laws relating to the sentencing of convicted child molesters. She intends to attack this issue state by state and at her own personal expense. She believes this is the purpose for which she was created. (It's just too bad she got side tracked with that whole talk show thing for the last couple of decades).

Anyway, her passionate conviction and determination to make positive change in defense of the defenseless and at great personal expense is truly noble. You go girl.

1 comment:

pilgrim said...

I used to know somebody who said that Oprah was the anti-christ---and he was only half joking.