18.7.05

Pronounced 'Soof-yen'


scout's honor
Originally uploaded by Greg Blosser.
For those of you intrigued by continually awkward relationship between culture and Christianity, I have linked to an article about Sufjan Stevens. I've mentioned him before. It's a good review and worth reading. Use your exegetical skills and see what develops. Plus, the article is titled "Sufjan Stevens: Dutch Mafia Life, or, How Amway Stole the Soul of a Talented Christian Rocker and Tossed His Lifeless Body into Lake Michigan, or, "Jesus Christ! Enough with the Choirs Already!"

How can you not want to read that article?

4 comments:

p90me said...

I like it! I will have to hunt it down.

Anonymous said...

You should go to npr.org and check out the special download of his Arkansas song. It is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I want to add that the song is The Lord God Bird and the piece on npr.org about the people in Arkansas is excellent as well. Of course, you may have already heard it all.

Josh Frank said...

I was SHOCKED to open up my newest issue of Rolling Stone after it appeared in the mailbox yesterday to see that Sufjan Stevens was the lead review in the CD review section! How often does an album released on a small artist's own label get that kind of heading? Amazing.

And the music isn't too bad, either. ; )