16.5.05

If you comment, he will blog.

Reposting this at the top so some of you can give your two cents. Please let me know what you think. Thanks to those of you who have already commented here.

Much like the whispery voiced ghost of baseball's boys of summers past in their spooky quest for a place to play, I the not-so- whispery funky presbyterian put forth a similar request to you, my beloved family, treasured friends and valued readers. Post here and tell me to what topic you think I should devote some blogging time:

1. Why I believe in God (and still consider myself to be at least somewhat reasonable).

2. Is there a sensible way to be a Christian in a post-modern culture?

3. What should we think about evil, suffering and injustice?

4. Or give me another topic of interest... whatever.

You tell me which topics you'd find most helpful or interesting. So post here and let me know. When I have a number of votes (10-15) I'll call for a tally and we'll see what develops. I'm especially interested in hearing from people who are not already on the Jesus bandwagon. I value your perspectives whatever they be and would like to facilitate further discussion, thought and dialogue about spiritual issues. Thanks people.

4 comments:

Dr. Mike Kear said...

Hi Greg,

I like all the topics you've listed. Since I've been doing a series on my blog about emerging christianity it would be interesting to read what your own observations might be, so I guess you can put down a vote for #2

Peace,

Mike

Matt said...

westminster confession...point by point :-)

Matt said...

btw - that was a different "matt"

Anonymous said...

How about good book recommendations on each of the topics?

And I think the easiest answer to the baseball question is "no, you can't play baseball in heaven." :-)

Or, you could consider the fact that what really makes any sport or competition "blissful" is the competition itself. And in order to have blissful competition, you cannot have any one person who always KO's or always hits it out of the park.

Or maybe we will all sit around and play the Ungame for eternity. Now THAT would be blissful.