2.3.05

Funky Presbyter to Attend Funk-Free Presbytery Meeting

One of the things I appreciate most about my church's denomination is it's government. Presbyterian government is based on shared leadership. I enjoy seeing and speaking with other pastors and church leaders from throughout the region. We are able to pray for each other and encourage one another while we are together. Unfortunately, the vast majority of these presbytery meetings are 100% funk-free. So this weekend I must travel a great distance in order to conduct the business of being the church, and my funk is not much of an asset in these instances. While I will not be leaving my funk at home, I will be leaving it in the car during the meetings. I'll be sure to leave a window cracked. You know, so the funk can breathe.

No comments: